Sunday, July 17, 2011

Would a puppy bark less at night sleeping in a puppy play pen instead of a crate?

We just got a new Lhasa Apso puppy and he won't stop barking in his crate. We only put him in there at night and I know you're supposed to ignore him when he barks (that's what I've been told correct me if I'm wrong) and eventually he'll get used to it but the problem with that is we live in a three-family home so we have to keep him quiet or we'll have to get rid of him. I was considering getting a puppy play pen because I figure I can put his bed in there and he'd have more room to move around and it might help him be quieter. I know crate training is easier to potty train but the barking is kinda a bigger issue. So would the pen be better to keep him quieter at night? Or does it not matter? I know different things work for different dogs but I'd like to know how much of at least a chance I'd have with the pen before I waste the money on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment