Sunday, July 17, 2011

I need advice on dating and making friends in college. I have tried everything that I believe I am capable of?

So I am going to be a college junior. I am 21 and I don’t have any friends and never really have had friends just people I talk to occasionally at school. I have never had a boyfriend or any indication that a guy has liked me. I am a very nice person. In high school I tried to be outgoing, joined clubs, cheer, sports whatever nothing still not a lot of friends and no guys. I was really a goody-two shoes but I still wasn’t like a total geek or nerd. I lived in the dorms my freshman year in college and talked to the girls in my hall, went to a few functions, night parties held by the dorms and still made no friends. I tried to talk to people in class to make friends; no one is interested in any kind of friendship with me outside of school. I honestly don’t understand why. I don’t have a lot of money but I try to buy nice makeup and nice clothes. I go to the gym; though I am not thin I try to stay in shape. I get my nails done on occasion; keep my eyebrows waxed and my hair done. I’m a good person, in my opinion and I just don’t see why I haven’t been able to form any friendships or intimate relationships. People that take less care of themselves seem to have tons of friends and more relationships than I would ever want. I just don’t get it. Can anyone tell me anything that I am doing wrong? I mean it’s not like I am wearing tons of make-up, don’t take care of myself, or am rude to people. I do admit I am kind of a shy person and don’t start a lot of conversation but I don’t think I come across as intimidating either. Again I don’t know, if you have any suggestion please, please help me out. And thank you in advance for any constructive criticism or feedback that you may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment